Monday, March 16, 2009

Surgery Today

Today is the big day. I can't believe it is here. I go into the hospital at 12:15, and surgery will be at about 2:15 this afternoon. Even though I know everything will be OK, I am still really freaked out, again the emetophobia thing. I am also not too thrilled about having to have the surgery as an inpatient, but at least it is only one night and my doctor has requested a private room for the emetophobia to help minimize anxiety.

I think I just need to breathe, and try to relax, because I am just a little bundle of anxiety right now. I sure hope they give me some Valium once I arrive at the hospital to try and alleviate the knots in my stomach, shakiness, dizziness, difficulty breathing and the racing heart.

Any positive vibes anyone wants to send my way will be greatly appreciated!! I will update on how the surgery went and how recovery is going as soon as I am able.

No comments: